MAP Vaccine

Hey all my lovely readers, hope everything is fine with you guys.

This time i will be talking about the MAP vaccine and where they are at it and then do my usual update.

So the MAP vaccine will target the MAP bug (Mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis) which is found in animals and is passed into the food chain. Doctors have already linked this bug to be the majority of the reason why people have crohns but while the UK governments advisory committee on the Microbiological safety of food insists that this transmission from animals to humans cannot be proven to give someone crohns, despite the bug being heavily noted in milk.

How does this vaccine help cure someone with Crohns? Well the vaccine will stimulate the patients immune system into targeting the bug and clear it for the system, even though this is good news a survey was done a while ago stating that 8/10 people with crohns showed that they have this MAP bug in their system, from my view on this that it is not a cure for all people who have crohns buuuuut is a step forward for a permanent cure for all crohnies.

Trials for this vaccine have been successful with animals and human trials will be happening in the next 2 years.

My opinion on this wonderdrug is that its a vaccine, to me a vaccine is a temporary cure, just like any drug, your body could get used to it and then your back to have your illness again and on the other hand this could be a template for more amazing drugs that could lead up to THE CURE for Crohns disease and possibly other IBD related illnesses.

update tiiiiime!!!

If you read my last blog, i was suffering pretty bad and went to hospital who told me that i needed an MRI and to go back to my infliximab infusions. Well again its all changed, i went back to hospital to see an IBD nurse, who informed me that i didnt need an MRI due to being of having plenty of evidence showing that my crohns is active and that i will need to go back on my infusions immediately. She also informed me that the drug has changed from Remicade to Inflectra, both are still infliximab but are made differently, she informed me that due to the change in the drug they would have to keep watch on me while taking this new version. She also informed me that theres a chance that this drug might not work for me because of the amount of times i have been off and on it, she added that if this was the case, they would put me on a stronger infusion called Vedolizumab it is in the same category of drugs as infliximab but not many people use it as infliximab is highly recommended as the drug to calm active crohns down. Before i can go back on my infliximab infusions i have had to take 3 blood tests and a chest x-ray to make sure i havent got Tuberculosis and to make sure my immune system is ok.

I have had these tests done, but being me, the blood test came back with a different result and they want me to get the blood tests done again.

At the moment i feel that im progressing to get better and feel annoyed that with all these tests i have to have just to get the treatment is a big pain in the arse, but i am still worried about the whole stricture issue so hopefully once i get back on the infusions ill be fine.

Once again guys thanks for reading this was going to be a short one, thanks for everyone who has given me support and the confidence to do these blogs next blog will be around christmas time so i will think of something festive and try to put some light hearted stuff on for a change. If you ever wanna chat to me personally just email me on nathanp123@live.com.

Stay safe and keep healthy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships

Remsima and update!!

Issues after issues